- NOUNS: they refer to people, objects, etc
- PRONOUNS: they replace nouns
- VERBS: they show actions or states
- ADJECTIVES: they modify nouns.
- ADVERBS: they modify verbs, adjectives and other adverbs.
- PREPOSITIONS: they relate a noun or pronoun to its object.
- CONJUNCTIONS: they join words, phrases, clauses.
- INTERJECTIONS: they show excitement or emotion.
- this list with PARTS OF SPEECH (complete list!!!). Paste it onto your Portfolio
- look up NEW examples (words with different meanings according to the part of speech they belong to)
- you can use some of the examples shared in class